taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

We are a limited company,we recently got a pop up store for

Customer Question

Hi,we are a limited company,we recently got a pop up store for an indefinite period starting from 20/2/20
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No,hoping you can be of help.We were in the process of registering for PAYE,and were hoping to get a salary at the end of the month.Unfortunately no we have not managed to do the PAYE,because by the time we opened the shop we had to close,as there has been no trade.We are registered to pay business rates,and know that this is been frozen.Can we still register for PAYE?Even though we have taken ZERO takings this month?
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are rental accommodation and our rent is due 1st week April
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please do,thanks so very much,much appreciated

Your question is - Can we still register for PAYE?Even though we have taken ZERO takings this month?

You should register the company as a new employer if it is your intention to employ staff including directors and pay them a salary.

Once registered, if you don't pay a salary in a month, just file a return stating there was no payment in the month under RTI.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Would we be eligible for the Coronavirus help scheme of 80% wages?

Thank you for your reply.

HMRC is using payroll for Feb 2020 as a baseline. If you did not have any employees on payroll in feb 2020 and made no payments then I doubt you would qualify for 80% wages as Coronavirus help scheme.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Do we options of the Government helping us?

Thank you for your reply.

The short answer is Don't know as situation is changing on a daily basis

Government is helping in

- deferrment of VAT/tax

- salary subsidiary to retain staff based on employees on payroll in Feb 2020.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question. I hav answered your original and additional question that is not related to the original question.
If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave, toensure I get credited for it by Just Answer today.

Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 10 days ago.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need more clarification/information or have I answered your question.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if youwould kindly rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer today.

Many thanks.