How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15152
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am a nurse in private Hospital on contract as a bank it is

Customer Question

Hi! I am a nurse in private Hospital on contract as a bank it is mean I dont have how many hours I can work per week. My manager doesnt need me for now because the people on full contract has got priority. Can I apply for universal credit or any others. Could you give me advice what to do it?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 15 days ago.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  Sam replied 15 days ago.



No I am afraid you cant as you are still employed - even if there are no work placement for you as you are still on the employment books for the agency with whom you bank for

You however might be due tax credits or income support so make a claim here

Tax credits

Income support


They will work out whether you are entitled to anything to top you up during this time






Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Sam replied 15 days ago.



You are welcome and let me know if you need anything else, or if you have all that you need, then please do rate me for the level of service provided


many thanks