How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8115
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

My husband is a Non Tax Resident but lives in the UK. He

This answer was rated:

Hello, my husband is a Non Tax Resident but lives in the UK. He works in Iraq usually but die to Coronavirus outbreak he has been transferred to Abu Dhabi
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: he can only spend 90 days in the UK
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: He is approaching 90 days

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.


\the 90 days can be averaged over 4 consecutive tax tears, does that help?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Is there any leniency due to not being able to get home due to Corona Virus?
IE Can he come home early and not be penaltied?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi, no this does not help as that doesnt apply any longer

The 90 days can be extended in exceptional circumstances which would almost certainly embrace the corona virus.


From where do you think that the averaging rule no longer applies?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
We thought it was outdated !
He flys back into the uk tomorrow morning- how can we get confirmation that the 90 days can be extended? Thanks

Because that has always been the situation.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.