How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15147
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I operate a business that rents accommodation which I let it

Customer Question

Hi, I operate a business that rents accommodation which I let it out in airbnb and booking for a profit. Basically rent to serviced accommodation.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Due to the coronavirus outbreak, I have lost plenty of bookings due to the nature of the business and I am wondering how do I obtain help from the government in regards ***** ***** cash grant and am I eligible for small business rates relief and how do I apply for it?
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I havent
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 6 days ago.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Expert:  Sam replied 6 days ago.



All you need to see if you have an entitlement is here

This specifically for the leisure industry in which you fall into where you can see you need do nothing as it will be applied from April 2020

Again regarding the grant you will be written to if you are eligible for this scheme