How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8038
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I’m a sole trader providing live-in care for elderly and

This answer was rated:

I’m a sole trader providing live-in care for elderly and vulnerable people. I want to obtain a car on a contract hire basis. Pure business use and don’t pay corporation tax or VAT. Can I claim the cost of the monthly hire charges against tax. Thanks.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Getting different answers. Some say yes, some no.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Some of my bookings are self-employed, some PAYE employed.

Hello,I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.


Assuming that there is no private use of the vehicle in question then you may claim the full cost of the contract hire against tax.



bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.