How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9076
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Uk non resident company receives royalty form handling is

Customer Question

uk non resident company receives royalty form handling is there any tax to be paid, in uk or the origin country?
JA: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: recives for handling the royalty, is a royalty rights handling company
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: 2020
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Please expand on what you mean by an UK non resident company. Any UK company must have a registered office in the UK and thus be resident.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello, the owners are non residents
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 8 months ago.

Oh, right, then the royalty will be included in the trading account and exposed to UK Corporation Tax (CT).

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Non resident companies dont pay taxes in uk, if I am not misstaken
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
For revenues coming from abroad??
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 8 months ago.

There is no such thing as a non resident company as far as UK law is concerned.