Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have lost my log book and I can’t pay my rood tax! i have

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have lost my log book and I can’t pay my rood tax! i have sent v62 to dvla 2 weeks ago but did not get home yet!
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: i want just pay rood tax bc I need ride my motorcycle!
Expert:  Sam replied 13 days ago.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Expert:  Sam replied 13 days ago.

There are less staff at the DVLA currently due to COVID so the form could take up to 4-6 weeks to process I am afraid- you will just have to be patient

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
But I need to ride my motorcycle for work
Expert:  Sam replied 13 days ago.

Im sorry that cannot be helped - you had lost you log book and left it til the last minute and under normal circumstances this would be issued within 2 weeks but this is not normal circumstances - other than ring them which again you will be hard pressed to get through as so few staff working currently you will need to find alternative travel options in the meantime to see if they are able to reduce this time

https://www.contactphonenumbers.co.uk/dvla-contact-number/