How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8461
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

How can i tax my car without loogbook, no

Customer Question

how can i tax my car without loogbook
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: hey....
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Here is the guidance from the Gov UK Web Site:

'If you do not have a V5C or new keeper slip

If you’re the current keeper, you must apply for a new V5C and tax your vehicle at a Post Office. This costs £25 and it can take 4 to 6 weeks to get the new V5C.' If you have the 11 digit reference number from the V5C you can pay on line to tax your vehicle. The procedure is here: