bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

My taxcode is wrong, No i havent because i cant phone frpm

Hi.My taxcode is wrong
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No i havent because i cant phone frpm monday to friday
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am furloughed and have a secondary job and the problem is that i pay no tax from my secondary job which i think it is not correct

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Is your employer deducting tax and which code number is ***** used?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My furloughed employer or the second?

Second.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
1250L
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Both of my jobs is 1250L
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi,are you still here?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can you please answer me?

Yes, but be careful. You have received a Personal Allowance twice which will cause problems with underpaid tax in the long term. You should write to one taxoffice, the one supporting the second one, with a view to a correct code being provided.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That is why i tried to contact hmrc but couldnt reach them.I want to fix the problem and i dont know what to do and how to do it

You will have to write to the relevant tax office to get the code changed.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I understand,but i dont know where to write it.Can you please give me an email adress?

Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment
HM Revenue and Customs
BX9 1AS

All incoming mail is routed to Bexhill and then sent to the correct office from there. This crazy system was recommended by consultants and has resulted in correspondence becoming lost on more occasions than it is correctly forwarded. Remember to quote your UTR and your NI Number when you write.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Excuse me,can you please tell me what is Utr?I need to write a letter?Cannot be done by email?

Unique Tax Reference, you will find it on any pay slip. HMRC does not give an email contact, takes that Department a long time to get up to speed on advances in technology. A letter is the only way, using the telephone will simply run you into the mire as they will inevitably get hold of the wrong end of the stick if they can even find the stick at all.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok i understand.So i have to write on the letter:Pay as you earn and self assessment.Hm Revenue and Customs.Bx9 1as?

Correct, but dont forget either the UTR or the NI Number and preferably both.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok and in the letter i write down my situation and the company's names,right?And all my details of course

Exactly and hope that this otherwise simple matter can be resolved.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I hope.Thank you very much for your advice.

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok..i do it now.Have a nice day

Thank you fro your support.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you too

Pleased to have been able to help.