How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8484
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Can you tell me if an EU citizen working in the UK from 18th

This answer was rated:

Hi, Can you tell me if an EU citizen working in the UK from 18th January 2019 to 5th April 2020 can claim back any overpaid tax? Is there a restriction on the amount of personal allowance to be given if not resident for a full tax year?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Any citizen of an EEA country is entitled to an UK Personal Allowance (PA). There is no restriction to this. You could verify your tax position when you self assess at the end of the tax year [5 April]. Were you an employee or self employed?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

As an employee you would receive a summary of the tax position on a P60 which you can cross check for correct deductions.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.