bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Can you tell me if an EU citizen working in the UK from 18th

Hi, Can you tell me if an EU citizen working in the UK from 18th January 2019 to 5th April 2020 can claim back any overpaid tax? Is there a restriction on the amount of personal allowance to be given if not resident for a full tax year?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Any citizen of an EEA country is entitled to an UK Personal Allowance (PA). There is no restriction to this. You could verify your tax position when you self assess at the end of the tax year [5 April]. Were you an employee or self employed?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Employee

As an employee you would receive a summary of the tax position on a P60 which you can cross check for correct deductions.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.

Thank you for your support.