How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10386
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have a tax question, not yet, i need an international tax

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i have a tax question
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: i need an international tax adviser to let me know what are corporate dividend taxes to pay in the uk if we are non residents in uk
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a tax question on corporate taxes on dividends to be paid in UK for non UK residents
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Could you please expand on your question for me. You say you are non resident in the UK, so what dividends are you receiving and how much per tax year [6 April to following 5 April]. What is your overall UK income? Are you a citizen of an EEA country?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a tax resident in Portugal. my company is in the UK. I live in Portugal.
Citizenship : French
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Dividends are issued tax free, the first 2K of these are tax free anyway.

As a French citizen you have a Personal Allowance (PA), currently 12.5K, to offset any taxable elements of dividends paid to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any dividends amount will therefore be tax free as a non resident in UK living abroad?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Providing they do not exceed the PA.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if they exceed ? what happens then?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

They would be taxed at 7.5%.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whatever the amount?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Assuming you do not go into higher tax brackets ie over 50K.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.