Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

My children tax credits has been stop because somebody made

My children tax credits has been stop because somebody made a claim for universal tax credits
JA: How old was the child or children during the tax year in question?
Customer: 11 and 13
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (5PL65ZT)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't if it was me don't think so it will fraud

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Do you have an ex husband or ex partner who might have claimed Universal credit due to Covid 19 ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No no exs

And you o not have a partner who claimed Universal credit in the home ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

Then you have to appeal to the tax credit office in writing stating this is an appeal and a complaint detailing there is only you and you and the children in your home have not claimed Universal Credit and nor has the children's father - They you insist that they review your case as a matter of urgency as this is either FRAUD OR tax credits have applied the wrong information to your claim depriving you of money and you expect this remedied straight away

This is assuming you live alone if not then do say you live with someone

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live with wife and 2 kids

Then just state that is your letter of appeal/compliant - and now finally with this information i'm assuming neither of you earn more than £50000 a year