How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10369
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am looking to submit my first self employed tax accounts,

Customer Question

Hi, i am looking to submit my first self employed tax accounts, i have some expenses from Jan-Mar 2019 which i incurred before i started trading. Can i include these?
JA: Are you filing as a sole proprietor or independent contractor?
Customer: sole trader
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: don`t think so, the expenses incurred relate to training for my business
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

You most certainly can include those pre trading expenses.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Delighted to have been f assistance.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.