How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10383
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I own a holiday lodge and am not registered for VAT. The

Customer Question

I own a holiday lodge and am not registered for VAT. The lodge is individually metered for gas and electricity and all charges are invoiced by the park owner to me as opposed to individual renters. I maintain that VAT should be charged to me at the reduced 5% rate but he thinks it should be 20%. Am I right?
JA: Have you talked to a financial professional about this?
Customer: Before you no
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will keep waiting - thanks
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

I am of the opinion that you are.