How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10369
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Is this live? No, About my tax

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: is this live ?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: About my tax
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am self employed and haven’t paid for my tax years 18/19 and 19/20 so I couldn’t claim from the recent govt scheme, and I have been sent some fine for haven’t yet paid for tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wondering, if I pay my tax now which I will end up paying anyways, can I still claim from the furlough scheme? Thank you
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Presumably you are incurring fines for non declaration. My advice would be to declare for 18/19 and 19/20 and then ask for the penalty to be waived. In any event once you have self assessed you can always apply under the new scheme.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i Received fines up to 1700 pounds atm and I don’t know how to pay that, what advice would you give on the sort of things to say to them to get it waived the fines ? Thank you
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

You will get nowhere until you declare for the missing years. Only then can you think of obtaining redress.