How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10369
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am a UK citizen living in Thailand. I have just received

Customer Question

Hi, I am a UK citizen living in Thailand. I have just received an investment dividend from a French based company and have been charged a 28% withholding tax on the dividends.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: Is there any way to reduce the level of witholding tax going forward? No
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks, ***** ***** enquiry for now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question. I have a Thai wife.

France has a Double Taxation Treaty with Thailand. Thus the tax deducted in France is allowed as a tax credit against your Thai tax liability on the same income stream.