bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I recently had a tax rebate just before lock down but the

Customer Question

I recently had a tax rebate just before lock down but the mney went to an account that was attached to a bankrupcy linked to my company utr number I rang the tax office to explain my bankrupcy was in 2012 and I was discharged in 2013 so they requested the money back and it was duly paid to me but to stop this happening again they were going to issue a new utr number to me
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: As yet I have not recieved the new UTR and now i cant get paid fro work i have completed until i inform the company holding the fund my new utr number
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have filled out an on line form but they replied saying it will be 15 days before I recieve the number im hoping that they just dont send out the old number and waste all that time i have rand hm revenue but cant get through
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

There is simply nothing to be done until you receive your new UTR. Sorry, but there it is. Three weeks is good going for HMRC, these days a minimum of a month is the norm.