bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am hoping that you can help me with the following. My

Hello, I am hoping that you can help me with the following.
My partner, who I have been living with in her home, continuously since Dec 2002, inherited a mortgage free property from her mum over a year ago. It is now let out and earns her over 1200 a month gross. I do have a flat of my own, it is nearly 100 miles away and has been let out since Dec 2002 when I bought it. I have never lived in it.
I started paying 460 per calendar month (5520 p.a) her for full board/lodging in Jan 2003. It has increased over the years and since Jan 2019 I have paid her 800 a month (9600 p.a). All of these payments have been made by bank standing order.
My question is am I entitled to any of the capital value from the inherited property and does it make any difference that I have been paying her to live in her own home ?
Thankyou
Bob Black

I have already replied on another thread.