How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10379
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am hoping that you can help me with the following. My

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am hoping that you can help me with the following.
My partner, who I have been living with in her home, continuously since Dec 2002, inherited a mortgage free property from her mum over a year ago. It is now let out and earns her over 1200 a month gross. I do have a flat of my own, it is nearly 100 miles away and has been let out since Dec 2002 when I bought it. I have never lived in it.
I started paying 460 per calendar month (5520 p.a) her for full board/lodging in Jan 2003. It has increased over the years and since Jan 2019 I have paid her 800 a month (9600 p.a). All of these payments have been made by bank standing order.
My question is am I entitled to any of the capital value from the inherited property and does it make any difference that I have been paying her to live in her own home ?
Bob Black

I have already replied on another thread.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you