Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I was declared Bankrupt by Inland Revenue without going to

Customer Question

I was declared Bankrupt by Inland Revenue without going to courts.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

The rules changed in April 2020 and an individual can now declare bankruptcy without going to court. However, in your case the first problem is that the Inland Revenue ceased to exist over five years ago on amalgamation with HM Customs and Excise to form HMRC so who made you bankrupt without a court order?

I would be happy to talk, but from long experience I think you will find it easier to ring me. I am on 01750 725420.