How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10401
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Due to a mix up we submitted our Gift Aid claim twice. We

Customer Question

Due to a mix up we submitted our Gift Aid claim twice. We contacted HMRC but the claims were in the system and as a result were settled to us twice. The 1st claim for £908.50 credited to our account on 26th Feb was the correct one. The 2nd claim for £1349.88 credited to our account on 2nd March we need to return to you.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: We phoned HMRC before the lockdown and were told we would receive a letter with a reference number to quote when we returned the payment but to date have had no word.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: We would like to know how to return this payment. Our Charities reference no is CR39228 Toryglen Church
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I m one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Not much you can do at this stage, but wait for HMRC's letter. That Department takes about a month these days to react to a query, unless, of course, you owe them money, when they will be hammering at your door in short order, like yesterday teatime!