bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Due to a mix up we submitted our Gift Aid claim twice. We

Customer Question

Due to a mix up we submitted our Gift Aid claim twice. We contacted HMRC but the claims were in the system and as a result were settled to us twice. The 1st claim for £908.50 credited to our account on 26th Feb was the correct one. The 2nd claim for £1349.88 credited to our account on 2nd March we need to return to you.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: We phoned HMRC before the lockdown and were told we would receive a letter with a reference number to quote when we returned the payment but to date have had no word.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: We would like to know how to return this payment. Our Charities reference no is CR39228 Toryglen Church
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I m one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Not much you can do at this stage, but wait for HMRC's letter. That Department takes about a month these days to react to a query, unless, of course, you owe them money, when they will be hammering at your door in short order, like yesterday teatime!