How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10393
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Are Tax rebates granted solely by the HMRC? No, I was given

Customer Question

Are Tax rebates granted solely by the HMRC?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was given Tax rebate by HMRC in the past tax year. However, my employer kept sending me payslips carrying unusual amounts instead of my actual pay. When I questioned those unexplained payslips, the answer was that they were tax rebates. So it means I was being given tax rebates from two sources (HMRC and my employer) which I find hard to comprehend.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Why were you receiving rebates anyway?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought there's something fraudulent about the whole thing. I am being paid weekly upon submitting my Timesheets, so I do receive a weekly payslips. On 14 occasions I was issued with payslips carrying amounts ranging from £ 47.56 to £ 287.11. Those payslips stood for a 40 hours of work each week. They could not explain if those amounts were Tax rebates, then where are the monies for the hours I worked, and indeed from which the rebates originated?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I would appreciate it if he/she can provide answers to my questions. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where's the expert's response?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like a racket of some sort to me. Ask your tax office what is going on and report your employer's antics to them.