How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9408
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I think my tax code is wrong, what should I do? No, No

Customer Question

Hi! I think my tax code is wrong, what should I do?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you.

Please expand oon your question - why do you think your tax code is wrong?
Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because it is different, use to be 1250L now is 770T and I am paying much more tax
Expert: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Have your circumstances changed?

Your tax code includes other calculations to work out your Personal Allowance. Please advise

- have you got more than one job

- are you receiving benifits in kind

- are you in receipt of a pension

Many thanks