Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Just typing question (pressed 'send' too quickly - sorry!)

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Just typing question (pressed 'send' too quickly - sorry!)
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No, I haven't talked to anybody about this yet. In essence, the question is whether my wife and I would have qualified/could have claimed for furlough payments from April as the only two Directors of our own Company even though circa 98% of our income ceased in Q3 of 2019 by virtue of our 2 main clients filing for bankruptcy in the same quarter (no connection between the two). We were owed £60k by both in total which we sought legally but abandoned in early Q4 for obvious reasons. From then until March we took circa 10 weeks to move house and have a well earned holiday; any usual prospecting/client engagement activity and, therefore, ability to earn since has naturally been obliterated by virtue of CV19 so do we (and would we have to date) qualify for Furlough support based on our earnings upto June 2019 @ circa £45k each ? - Thank you
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry if I’m misunderstanding here; I have forwarded my question, paid the £5 as requested but still received no reply of any form - please advise

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Can you advsie

1) was this earnings via PAYE or inclusive of dividends ?

2) if inclusive of dividends how much was the salry element?
3) why didnt you continue to draw a saalry in expectations of this payments

4) When is the last time you submitted am RTI submission

5) if your last salary and RTI submission was June 2019 - thats a long time to not have drawn a saalry and this in itself would prevent you from having a valid Furlough claim

Sam, Accountant
Experience: 26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax