How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10398
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I personally own 80% of the shares in a UK LTD company. I

Customer Question

I personally own 80% of the shares in a UK LTD company. I would like to create a new personal holding company, wholly owned by me, and transfer my share shareholding to this. Can i do this without being liable for capital gains and stamp duty?
JA: What are the assets or property for this capital gain?
Customer: shares
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with our question.

Yes, providing no consideration is involved.