Thank you for your question.
There is a general guide issued by HMRC that covers allowable expenses. Look at HS222 here
Here are some examples of allowable expenses:
- Utility bills or refuse collection
- Interest on loans associated with the property
- Advertising or letting agency fees
- Products bought for the property (cleaning products and welcome packs)
- Maintenance and cleaning costs
Being a FHL, it would pay business rates but you can claim small business rate relief.
Here is a link to furnished holiday let tax guide. You will find it helpful.
If you need further help, please come back to me here
My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.