bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

We bought a buy to let flat in the mid 90's and put it in

We bought a buy to let flat in the mid 90's and put it in the name of myself, my wife and eldest daughter. Now for various reasons we wish to leave this property to my son in our will. Can we take her name off the deeds and have it just owned by myself and my wife, without any Capital Gains Tax being owed ?. Also we did not specify any % of ownership in the original deeds, will it be assumed that it would be third each ?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Providing no consideration passes to your daughter, yes. An one third each ownership will be assumed in these circumstances.

Thank you for your support.