taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Should I avoid earning jsut over £50,000

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

You would still have to file a tax return whether your total income is above or below £50k.

If you keep your net income from private tution below £6,475 your would avoid paying Class 2 NI - flat rate per week of £3.05 when profits exceed £6,475

Avoid paying Class 4 NI if profits below £9,500 otherwise 9% on profits between £9,500-£50,000

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.