taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Do I need to have receipt evidence for all my expenses to

Do I need to have receipt evidence for all my expenses to claim them back?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

As a general rule, HMRC can decline to allow an expense if it is not receipted.

In the event you don't have a receipt, you should retain copies of your bank statements and credit card statements to support the expenses.

You will find some useful information here

https://www.contractorcalculator.co.uk/receipts_contractors_claim_dispensation.aspx

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.