taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I've just had a email about a tax refund is it genuinely,

Hi I've just had a email about a tax refund is it genuinely
JA: Which tax year is the refund for?
Customer: Dont know but got a refund number
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

Thnak you for your question.

Normally, HMRC won't send you emails to advise there is a refund due to you.

If you have filed a tax return online, you should be able to see any repayment due on your tax account.

There are a lot of scam around and emails being sent to taxpayers proclaiming to be from Inland Revenue.

I would ignore it unless you have communication from HMRC confirming your UTR number.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need more clarification/information or have I answered your question.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there thankyou much appreciate your service . That was all my question . Thankyou again for your time

Thank you for your reply.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Many thanks.