taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Should I pay VAT on work done ie labour, No, We are having a

Should I pay VAT on work done ie labour
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are having a shed taken down and in the quote VAT has been added

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

If your prospective supplier is VAT registered then VAT would be added to the price quoted. In this case labour charge would also be subject to VAT. This is no different from a quote from a VAT registered Accountant for accountancy services.

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.