Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I would like to ask if I can switch from a tax credit to a

I would like to ask if I can switch from a tax credit to a universal tax credit, because I am currently on a tax credit, which, however, does not pay me compensation for being unemployed for more than two months.
JA: Which tax year is the tax credit for?
Customer: Hello!
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: The last tax year from April 2019 until now or April 2020
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a two kids and we are on Working Tax credit, because of my husband's work and Child Tax credit also I am OFF work from end of March And I could get any 80 % from the Gov.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

The government themselvs do not pay you 80% just your employer if you are on furlough from them and unable to work due to the employer having no work for you to do -

If you get tax credits then HMRC are treating you as working your usual hours so this doeses not restrict your tax credits either

Universal credists are when you are not entiled to furlough or the self employed grant

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome