taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

PAYE ref 948/500 I have been given a tax code 43L for this

Customer Question

PAYE ref 948/500 I have been given a tax code 43L for this fiscal year. According to instructions this a tax free figure o £ 431. My tax code is BR. Why the change or is this an error? Pension Ref 31185855
JA: Are you using an online program? Or software installed on your computer?
Customer: Computer
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No it is a simple question
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you. I am reviewing your question and will respond to you shortly.

It looks like you have income from more than one source including untaxed income e.g. state pension.

You had a tax code BR which meant your income/pension under PAYE was taxed at basic rate of 20%. Your tax code has been changed so you have tax free income of £431 before your income/pension under PAYE would have tax deducted.

Have you filed a tax return recently?

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.