bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have the Dutch nationality. I lived and worked in the UK

Hi Pearl I have the Dutch nationality. I lived and worked in the UK for about 10 years and as such I paid income tax and National Insurance. I left the UK in 2014, and I am now living in The Netherlands again. I heard that I can ''transfer'' my national insurance paid in the UK back to Holland, and also may have other monies that I can claim back. I would like to get some advice on this please. Regards, Xavier
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: last period spend in UK was from 2007 till 2014
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that would be it

Hello, Xavier, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

EU/EEA/Swiss nationals are able to combine state pensions earned in all other member countries to count towards calculating their Dutch pension eligibility and amount. This process is done centrally by notifying the pension office in the country you currently reside. They will then calculate a pro-rate pension allowance from each country.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never paid into a (private) pension fund, only paid national insurance. Would that be the same? Thanks for your help

National Insurance (NI) can assist Dutch entitlements.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
great! Last question, where can I check how much total NIC I have paid in the UK?

You could start by looking here:

https://www.gov.uk/check-national-insurance-record

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx!

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Thank you for your support.