bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am a UK Citizen but live in Qatar. I have an investment

Hi there, i am a UK Citizen but live in Qatar. I have an investment ISA, which has been open for around 3 years, when i was living in the UK. Can i still legally invest through this account, while i live abroad?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: One other thing. If i were to start investing through a trading company in Switzerland, if i moved back to the UK, would i then become taxed on the my investment through the swiss trading company?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Yes, you can, but only for the tax year in which you leave the UK.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about investing in through a Swiss trading account, then moving back to UK, can I still invest through it tax free?

You can keep your ISA, you can invest more within the tax year of your departure, but after that you cannot. It will remain a tax free investment.

Thank you for your support.