bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am a landlord and letting properties in the UK. I am

Hi Pearl, I am a landlord and letting properties in the UK. I am preparing a first year C/Tax return. I wonder what would be the category under C/Tax for property service charge I incurred. I think under CP36 rather than CP24. Would you agree? By the way, my name is*****: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: FY2018
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it a free advice service?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

What are HMRC offering you for CP24 or C36?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CP24 - Repairs, renewal and maintenance and C36 - Administration and office expenses

C36 in my opinion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great. Many thanks. I have got another item which needs to be categorised. It is a council landlord selective license application fee - total fee is £780

C36 again.

Thank you for your excellent support.