How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 10362
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am a landlord and letting properties in the UK. I am

This answer was rated:

Hi Pearl, I am a landlord and letting properties in the UK. I am preparing a first year C/Tax return. I wonder what would be the category under C/Tax for property service charge I incurred. I think under CP36 rather than CP24. Would you agree? By the way, my name is*****: Which tax year are you filing for?
Customer: FY2018
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it a free advice service?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

What are HMRC offering you for CP24 or C36?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CP24 - Repairs, renewal and maintenance and C36 - Administration and office expenses

C36 in my opinion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great. Many thanks. I have got another item which needs to be categorised. It is a council landlord selective license application fee - total fee is £780

C36 again.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your excellent support.