bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I'm an NLP Coach and hypnotherapist and starting a new

I'm an NLP Coach and hypnotherapist and starting a new company. I understand the vat threshold is £85.5k and this first year I will be well under that. If i run a live training event after lockdown in a room with paying attendees, do i need to charge vat? Next, if i run the same event in a virtual classroom, live and online do I have ot charge vat?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: I've had two different opinions from 2 accountants
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: it's just about charging vat?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Providing that you keep the income below the threshold you can forget about VAT.

Thank you for your support.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a pleasure. I believe if I ran the same course online as a recording I'd have to charge vat. Would I have to charge vat if there was a live element. e.g. a live weekly Q&A

Providing you do not breach the turnover level, forget about at; another worry less.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done and thank you

Delighted to have been of assistance.