TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

I have been living in the UK for 5 years. My first arrival

I have been living in the UK for 5 years. My first arrival in the UK was June 2015. I currently have a pre-settled status in the UK. I might not apply for permanent residence in the UK. My citizenships are Russian and Italian (EU).
Am I considered a domicile in the UK?

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

Yes you are considered to be domicile the UK, as you have already lived in the UK for 5 years and therefore have a connection in the UK, although you are not a Permanent resident.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Therefore, If I will sell a property that I have abroad and transfer the money in the UK- which taxes am I going to be subject to?

Sorry I am not a Tax expert, so I will need to opt out. Kindly do not respond as it would just come back to me.

In the UK, Capital Gains Tax for residential property is charged at the rate of 28% where the total taxable gains and income are above the income tax basic rate band. Below that limit, the rate is 18%.

You will pay capital gains tax

You are most welcome.

A 5 star positive rating is appreciated. SCROLL UP TO SEE STARS

Any call offer is site generated, not from me.

TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience: International tax