How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8038
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I've recently asked Companies House to help me figure out

This answer was rated:

Hi, I've recently asked Companies House to help me figure out how can I file my account as a micro company although they advised to do that under the dormant section. Any idea why could that be?
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you.

Please advise

- if this is your first year accounts.

- why do you wish to file under dormant section

- have you traded
Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First year accounts, yes.I didn't want to, I was seeking advice on how to file a micro account on Web Filing but that's the answer I received from Companies House- I have

Thank you for your reply.

If you have traded then you can't file dormant accounts.

You need to file micro-entity accounts.

Have you prepared your accounts or would you need help with aaccounts preparation?

What is your year end and deadkine for filing accounts?

Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need to file it by 16th June. I've been wasting so much time on Companies House...not helpful at all!I've all receipts ready. I don't have any assets or anything like that, literally just expenditure and income.

Thank you for your reply.

I will be able to help if you provide draft accounts. We have a week to file your first set of accounts.

If you need help with finalising accounts , I could offer your premium service.

Let me know.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have draft accounts unfortunately but all receipts. It's a startup/side business so we're talking really low amounts here.How can we proceed with this, please? What's the cost of the premium service?

Thank you for your reply.

It is important your accounts are on a sound footing and all costs in the startup year are fully accounted for.

I am sending you an offer here.

Many thanks and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for accepting my offer.

I have sent you my mobile number for you to contact me in 'Enter contact info' to progress with the accounts.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (5P3P6S2)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Aneil, sorry I sent the same thing twice. Hope it's okay. Speak tomorrow. Thank you

Thank you for talking with me. WE manage dto file the company accounts.

I will close this conversation now.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi there, hope you're well. I've another question regarding tax payment. Do I need to pay only Corporation Tax or VAT as well based on the income? As I'm ready about it Corporation Tax is fine but I'd like to make sure of it... Thank you

Thank you for your reply.

You will have to file a company tax return annually no later than 12 months after the end of accounting period.

VAT is only payale if the business is VAT registered.

I hope this is helpful.