bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have recently founded a Ltd Company here in the UK and I

Hi Pearl, I have recently founded a Ltd Company here in the UK and I am doing Business with Germany. I would Need advice on VAT handling, Registration, other requirements.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no, I have just started and I Need professional advice
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: for the Moment,just VATR VAT

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Sales from the UK to EU customers are standard rated supplies so should be invoiced with VAT at 20%. However, if your turnover within any 12 month period does not exceed 85K, you can forget about registering and accounting for the tax.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I not HAVE to Register anyway if I provide Services abroad? this is what it says on gov.uk. I Need to know asap as I am already providing Services (in May) and my Client already asks for the invoice. Yet I am having some Trouble registering. I have a singed contract until end of October, totalling an expected Revenue of around 60k GBP. So, in that light, I will most likely be in excess of 85k nonetheless.

I would like to talk, but from long experience I think you will find it easier to ring me. I am on 01750 725420.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, I will ring you in about an hour. hope its ok

Can you make it 4 pm, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no prob. 4 pm it is then, thanks!

Delighted to have been able to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well, we will be able to tell after 4, aren't we? :-)

I will indeed, I am waiting for your call.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one Minute, I will be there

Delighted tohave been of assistance.

Thank you for your support.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you again for your help! Will get into the PAYE scheme and continue my registration for VAT. Thanks also for your kind offer to call you again. Best regards, ***** *****

Pleased to have been able to help.