bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

To buy agricultural land and to split it into smaller plots

I am
Looking to buy agricultural land and to split it into smaller plots and sell it off !
Is it better to buy in my personal name or in a limited company name
?

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Always bear in mind Benjamin Franklin's dictum that in life there are but two certainties, death and taxes! Either way the gains made on these transactions will be taxed under the Capital Gains Tax (CGT) regime at 10% or 20% or a combination of the two rates depending on your gain in the tax year of disposal.. However, if you do it in your personal name you will have an Annual Exempt Amount (AEA) of 11..3K to offset CGT. The company is not exposed to CGT, but any gains made will be subject to Corporation Tax (CT) which is at a 19%. Some time with a pencil and the back of a used envelope is needed to consider the situation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Pleased to have been able to help.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.

Thank you for your support.