How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16322
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am looking for some advice on rental income tax liability.

This answer was rated:

Hi, i am looking for some advice on rental income tax liability. would you be able to help me?
JA: For which tax year do you need advice?
Customer: 2020
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: the rental property is co-owned by myself and my sibling. my sibling lives abroad. I am trying to figure out if I can basically half my tax liability as my sibling should be looking after their half of taxation in the country that they are domiciled.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly


Yes thats is exactly what you should be doing - just declaring your half of the income and expenses



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you