Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am looking for some advice on rental income tax liability.

Hi, i am looking for some advice on rental income tax liability. would you be able to help me?
JA: For which tax year do you need advice?
Customer: 2020
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: the rental property is co-owned by myself and my sibling. my sibling lives abroad. I am trying to figure out if I can basically half my tax liability as my sibling should be looking after their half of taxation in the country that they are domiciled.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Yes thats is exactly what you should be doing - just declaring your half of the income and expenses