bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have recently received potential scam emails and phone

I have recently received potential scam emails and phone calls from a firm called cyber security. These contacts ended this morning with a recorded message from someone supposedly working for HMRC with threats of a court summons unless i called*********** which i havent done. can you help please.
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: The message yesterday threatened to deactivate my email account unless i contacted them

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Forget about it, it is a well known scam. Unfortunately, with lock down these have increased. Here is the reporting link:

https://www.gov.uk/report-suspicious-emails-websites-phishing/report-hmrc-phishing-emails-texts-and-phone-call-scams

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thankyou for confirming my suspicions. I just wanted confirmation of what I thought.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thankyou that is very satisfactory. Thanks for your help.

Delighted to have been of assistance.

Thank you for your support.