bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am selling my leasehold flat which I have been renting

I am selling my leasehold flat which I have been renting out. Flat is currently
not occupied. When the time comes to pay CGT, can I offset the annual management fees pro rata for the time between now and completion along with the selling costs?
JA: Have you talked to a financial professional about this?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Unfortunately, no, sorry. Part of the management fee for the period pertaining to the letting would be allowed against rental income.

bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience: FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS

Thank you for your support.