How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 8658
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Please I want to change my tax code for have been taking too

Customer Question

Hi please I want to change my tax code for hey have been taking too much tax
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Am at Handsworth
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Last two weeks I called and someone told me I should call on the 20th of this month if that thing keep happening so I trying calling but nothing
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing else I Just want to change my tax code
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 10 days ago.

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

Expert:  Sam replied 10 days ago.


Change it to what and from what - tax doesn't work like that - are you on th wrong tax code?

Have HMRC said you are on the wrong tax code

Who said call on 20th of the month ? why that date ?