How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7052
Experience:  FCCA - over 40 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I need information how to claim tax back for leaving uk for

This answer was rated:

hi ! i need information how to claim tax back for leaving uk for good
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am not from uk ..,been working here for 3 years but i need to get back to my country to look after my mom and dnt know how to claim tax back

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I am here to help you.

Please advise if you worked in the UK as an employee or were you self employed.

Did you file a tax return here?
Many thanks

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your reply.

When you leave your employment you would get a P45 form showing date of leaving, gross earnings and tax deducted in the current tax year.

You should complete a Form P85 when you leave this country and send it together with your P45 to HMRC at

Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom

The Tax office would update your records to make sure you have paid the correct tax in the year. If you have overpaid tax then a repayment would be sent to you.

You can download P85 here

My aim is to give you a professional service. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and letme know. It has been my pleasure to assist you with your question.

Hi there

Just checking to see if you need more clarification/information or have I answered your question.

If there are no more issues, I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer today.

Many thanks and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.