bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

What is VAT flat rate applicable on selling Curtains,

Customer Question

What is VAT flat rate applicable on selling Curtains, Blankets and lampshades online through e-commerce website?
These are hand made products.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

For UK and sales to customers within the EU you invoice with VAT at 20%. Sales to persons outside the EU are exports and although you invoice with VAT the rate charged is 0%.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This is not the answer I am looking for. VAT flat rate Scheme % I am after. Sell all items on eBay and wish to register for flat rate Scheme. What % applicable to me selling above mentioned items on ebay

The flat rate for UK and EU sales, zero rate for exports.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What is the flat rate % ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
You may want to read this as It appears that you may not be aware of Flat Rate Schemehttps://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/vat-flat-rate-scheme/frs7200

9%, I am well aware of the flat rate scheme.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is it under from the above link please? Just so that I have reference

Manufacturing yarn textiles and clothing