bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have a question on Zero rated sales and purchases, no,

Customer Question

Hello I have a question on Zero rated sales and purchases
JA: Have you talked to a tax professional about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: Need to amend previous sent VAT returns as zero rated sales and purchases were omitted. There is no change to any VAT due or owed on the returns. Thank you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Then just issue new invoices and refund the incorrect VAT charged.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello. Ok so the issue I have is previous accountant only included VAT only items (at 20%) on previous VAT returns, however did not include Zero rated sales and purchases in box 6 or 7 respectively. I have just finalised accounts and there is a variance of sales on the accounts compared to the VAT returns sent.So my question is how can I amend boxes 6 and 7 for returns already sent? Since I have not experienced this before, do I write to HRMC, fill on a 652 form? Please kindly advise

No don't bother, VAT has always been a flexible tax, just put the adjustments through boxes 6 & 7 in the next quarterly return.

Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.