bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am the benficiary of a lump sum payment from a SIPP held

Customer Question

I am the benficiary of a lump sum payment from a SIPP held by my deceased father. He died just after his 25th birthday. I would like to know my tax liability because the provider is nott providing the details. They are charging emergency income tax but I have been told the first 25% is tax free? I have a number of additionakl questions on reclaim options etc.
JA: Which tax year is this for?
Customer: I will receive the payment this Thursday 17th I am not working so not paying income tax for the tax year
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: That will be enough for now. Thanks
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Bequests from a deceased person's estate are tax free in the beneficary's hands so there is no tax involved.