How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 9320
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

My mother and I have worked in the united states and paid

Customer Question

my mother and I have worked in the united states and paid some taxes for a period of about 13 years
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: right now I lve in UK my mother lives in Romania
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My mother will reach retirement age next year i believe I plan on transfering my pension plans to uk
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

Pensions can be liberated over the age of 55 and 25% of the sum liberated is tax free. Alternatively, the pot can be transferred direct to an UK pension provider to buy an UK pension or for investment.