Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am a Lebanese national on a Tier 2 visa (permanent

Hello! I am a Lebanese national on a Tier 2 visa (permanent contract). My mother wants to send me a considerable money transfer... My bank says there is no limit to how much money she can transfer. But what about the HMRC? shouldn't I declare this money?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I like in the UK and I am a Lebanese national on a Tier 2 visa live*
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: are you a machine? can I speak to a person pleae? happy to pay a fee
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Lawyer more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope - thanks

Hi, Sam here , one of the UK tax Experts here on Just Answer, thank you for your question and I shall reply shortly

No there is nothing to declare to HMRC unless it arises from a disposal of an asset owned by you or from your own savings

Bit if its from your mother then its a gift and there is no tax consequence of her money to you at all

If you keep the money and say leave it in the bank or building society or buy shares with it or a property that you collect rent on (rather than use it) and then earn income from it - HMRC are then interested in the income that arises from it - but that's all

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you Sam! All the best, sabiha

You are welcome